Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Warriors Don't Cry

The furthur along in the book I get, the more taken back I become. I am astonished by Melba's bravery. I can not imagine being her age and dealing with some much. She seems to take on the world and she has to grow up quickly to help her overcome a lot of the experiences she has during the integration. It takes a special type of person to be so patient with other people's hatred. I know that there are times when it really gets to her, but she does not lash out, or fight with anyone in school, even when she is physically and verbally abused by people who are supposed to be her classmates. I am glad that we were assigned to read this book for class. I have learned about immigration several times, but its interesting to be able to be inside someone's head who actually experienced the immigration.

No comments:

Post a Comment